All about golf
- Eliminating the slice
- Short game: achieving pure contact
- Chipping from uphill lies
- Learn how to putt
- Carrying out the 40-yard pitch
- Developing good tempo
- Escaping a plugged lie
- How to stop hooking the ball
- How to develop your swing
- What makes a good drive
- Body rotation guide
- Bulding a perfect swing
- How to hit better wedge shots
- Improving your short game
- Adjusting your grip for chipping
Our team of golf professionals and keen travelers constantly update this rubric to provide fresh news about golf holidays and resorts of Portugal.
Our friends and partners
- Algarve Depot - Algarve golf holidays
- Algarve Holiday - Choose best vacation
- PT Golfholidays - Portugal golf holidays
- Go Golf Algarve - Algarve golf guide
These resources will assist you in sharpening your playing skills and assist you in picking the right golf resort.
Tips for Selecting Best Golf Vacations
There might not be anything more exciting for an avid golfer than heading out on a golf vacation. You get to explore new courses, visit different parts of the world, enjoy great weather, and have a good time with your friends and family. For all of the fun that can be had on a golf vacation, the planning process can be a little bit stressful. You need to make sure you pick just the right spot for your vacation so that everyone can have a good time.
Use the following tips when considering all of your golf vacation options, and you should be able to uncover one that is just right for you and your traveling party.
- Find courses that suit your game. No one wants to go on vacation and spend the whole time searching through the woods or the desert for lost golf balls. Pick courses that are not too hard for you or your playing partners to handle so that you can relax and enjoy the date. When in doubt, pick courses that are a little too easy rather than a little too hard, just to make sure you have a fun time out on the course.
- Go where the weather is good. Weather can make or break a vacation, so pick times and places that are most-likely to offer enjoyable weather. Also, think about what kind of weather you enjoy before booking your trip. Some people love the heat of the desert, while others prefer cooler mountain locales. There is no right answer, just be sure to consider weather into your overall trip planning.
- Consider off-course activities. While you want to spend as much time golfing as possible, you will have some downtime away from the course to consider. Make sure your destination offers plenty in the way of off-course activities and sightseeing for your group to enjoy. A well-rounded golf vacation will be fun even when the round is finished for the day.
- Make sure it’s affordable. Set your budget for the trip before you start looking for places to go, and then make sure your choice falls within a budget that you are comfortable with. A golf vacation should be fun from start to finish, and you won’t be able to relax and enjoy it as much if you are worried about going over budget. Pick a destination that fits within your planned budget, and then relax and enjoy your trip.