All about golf
- Eliminating the slice
- Short game: achieving pure contact
- Chipping from uphill lies
- Learn how to putt
- Carrying out the 40-yard pitch
- Developing good tempo
- Escaping a plugged lie
- How to stop hooking the ball
- How to develop your swing
- What makes a good drive
- Body rotation guide
- Bulding a perfect swing
- How to hit better wedge shots
- Improving your short game
- Adjusting your grip for chipping
Our team of golf professionals and keen travelers constantly update this rubric to provide fresh news about golf holidays and resorts of Portugal.
Our friends and partners
- Algarve Depot - Algarve golf holidays
- Algarve Holiday - Choose best vacation
- PT Golfholidays - Portugal golf holidays
- Go Golf Algarve - Algarve golf guide
These resources will assist you in sharpening your playing skills and assist you in picking the right golf resort.
Is it Reliable to Order Golf Vacations on the Web?
Shopping online has become hugely popular within the last few years, and the same can be said of booking golf vacations online. However, just like anything else, you need to exercise caution and good judgment to make sure you aren’t taken advantage of by a scam that isn’t going to deliver what they say they are offering. When done correctly, you can successfully book a golf trip online to any number of great destinations around the globe.
There are a few things you can do to try and make sure that you are dealing with a reputable company when booking your trip. Taking an extra step or two might require a little more time, but it will be worth it in the end.
- Find reviews. One of the best ways to check on the credentials of a golf vacations company is simply to look around the web and see what others have to say about them. If you find a lot of complains and problems associated with a specific company, you will be best to look elsewhere and find another booking company to work with. Finding a collection of positive reviews with very few serious complaints is a good sign.
- Speak with a live person. If you have some specific questions about ordering your golf vacation online, look for a phone number and call to get your answers. Often all it takes to find out about a company is a quick phone call where you can speak directly to a representative and seek out answers to the questions or concerns that you have.
- Beware of ‘too good to be true’. If you come across a deal for a golf vacation that seems like it is too good to be true, it probably is. If a booking company is offering you rates on golf that seem to be much too low, or prices for a hotel room that are well below the regular rate listed on the hotel website, something might be amiss. Exercise caution when a site is offering you a package deal that seems like it is too inexpensive for what you are supposed to be getting. While you want to make sure you are getting a good deal, you should also be realistic as well. Don’t be taken advantage of by falling in love with a deal that seems too good to be true and failing to do the rest of your homework.